Pregnancy and Bikram
You Can Practice Bikram Yoga at BYM If:
- You have been practicing Bikram yoga (experience in other disciplines is not sufficient) for at least 3 times a week for a minimum of 6 months.
- If you have been practicing Bikram yoga at other accredited Bikram studios, then BYM requires a letter from that studio's director verifying your experience.
- In addition, you must have approval from your OB or midwife.
If you meet these criteria, your next step is to call Angela Martinez at 669.7711 ext. 5 or email her to set up an appointment to discuss Bikram yoga during pregnancy and to learn the pregnancy posture modifications if she feels that a practice will be appropriate for you during your pregnancy.
You can not, under any circumstances, practice at Bikram Manchester pregnant without meeting these criteria. The studio is not responsible for women who practice the yoga pregnant without meeting the aforementioned criteria.
You Cannot Practice Bikram Yoga at BYM If:
- You have never done Bikram yoga before, or if you have been practicing less than 6 months and not at least 3 times a week.
- You have a high risk pregnancy.
- Your health provider has told you not to.
For more information about Bikram yoga and pregnancy, go to the Bikram's Yoga College of India website and then click on FAQ's. Scroll down to 'Should I Still Practice If' and click on 'Pregnancy'.